Bergen Kunsthall – Bergens Kunstforening is pleased to welcome you to this year’s Christmas lottery on Sunday 27 November at 14:00. Acting Board Leader, Karen Kipphoff, welcomes us, while the association’s long-standing supporter and good friend, Harald Victor Hove, guides us through the raffle on the 1st Sunday in Advent.
A Bergen painter, I.C. Dahl, who was also the association’s founder, was bought for the first lottery in 1839, where 17 works by Norwegian artists were raffled off. A generation later, several works by Edvard Munch were included in the Christmas lottery! The works were in connection with Munch´s solo exhibitions at Bergen Kunstforening in 1895, 1902 and 1915. In the last hundred years, the tradition of presenting both well-established and newly educated artists has been well-maintained.
As usual, membership numbers will be drawn. In addition, raffle tickets will also be handed out at the door, so that the chances of winning for those in the hall are guaranteed. Those who register on-site will receive a lottery ticket and a registration gift. Note that visitors who are not members will also not be awarded raffle tickets. This is to ensure members’ exclusivity on this day. Serving mulled wine and Christmas snacks. Welcome!
If you would like to participate and see art history take shape there is still time to either renew, extend or create a new membership. To do so, contact email@example.com
By membership number:
1. Susanna Kajermo, Absent Magician, 2017 — tegning/collage
2. Svein Rønning, Kartlegging, 1979 — silketrykk
3. Brynhild Grødeland Winther, Steinsamling, 2022 — tegning/collage
4. William Nicolaisen, Industrial Gospel, 2012 — maleri
5. Lisa Him-Jensen, If You Love Without Evoking Love, 2012 — tegning
6. David A. Rios, U.T. , 2019 — skulptur
7. Cato Løland, Signaler, 2021 — maleri
8. Suvi Nieminen, Sävy 8 a, to-farget tresnitt, 2020 — tresnitt
9. Kiyoshi Yamamoto, Sketch for a Tapestry n. 294, 2023 — silketrykk
10. Heidi Bjørgan, object 5094, 2021 — keramikk
11. Peter Wächtler, Untitled, 2019 — etsning
12. Mia Øqvist, Notater i ute- og innerom, 2016/pågående — collage/performance